Relationships based on natural requirements of sex cannot go on forever. You need to have the emotional connection and always keep it alive. The emotion has a nice name “Romance”. It is the feeling of yearning for each other and will keep the relationship go from strength to strength. Easily told but being romantic is not that easy. After sometime of marriage/relationship your focus seems to shift and the nice feeling of romance fades away. The following ways will not let that happen.
- Have romance in daily routine – By saying so I am not trying to tell that you make it a drill. Rather have some time daily for refuelling this feeling. It can be by hiking together, going for a small candle lit dinner or just shampooing each other. Such simple acts will keep the fire burning (Romance) and keep the relationship strong.
- Hugging and Kissing – Yes friends hugging and kissing keep the romance in your life alive. Research has also proven that acts of hugs and kisses remove stress. So, shower kisses on your partner and do not forget to give hugs when you feel. Do not be a miser in giving hugs.
- Listening and Communicating – Listening to your partner attentively and also communicating your views are very important. It keeps the feeling of care alive. And when you care romance is always alive. Always say I love to your partner. Words do make a difference.
I think all of us have gone through long distance relationships that were challenging at best, painful as hell at worst. I believe there are some universal truths and wisdom that can help anyone struggling to find that connection with a loved one so far away.
- Communication – Probably the most important part of keeping your relationship alive is open communication. If not, assumptions will get the best of you every time. Use technology and it’s advances for what it’s there for. You can Skype, Facetime, and text no matter where in the world you are to get as close as you can without the human touch.
- Honesty – When living apart it’s vital to make sure you are very honest with each other. The need to speculate on what’s happening can be tough to overcome, so there needs to be a deep sense of trust.
- Expectations- Making sure each partner has equal expectations on what is needed is one of the most vital ingredients according to research.
- The Date To Reconnect – A lot of data shows what whether your relationship is up close and personal, or long distance..it can stand the test of time. One of the most important components of the long distance, is knowing when you will meet next. It allows planning and a certainty that cannot get in the way of the natural physical disconnect.
And finally, it goes without saying that you need to make any relationship flirty, sexy, and fun!
I’d like to start this blog site with some data and science behind the mystical aspects of love. Is it healing? Can it truly change our biology or neurology or physiology? According to science there are many factors.
The three stages of love are lust, attraction, and long term attachment. It’s vital to reach the third stage which is as much about friendship, than it is lovers. It’s where the long distance vision comes in and you began to accept the good, the bad, and the ugly about your partner.
When initially finding a partner, data says we are looking at genes. Evolution means one thing, we must procreate to keep our species alive and behind the conscious choices are this fact. Some data points to even the smells being familiar to our own mother and father.
The power of love is not just something in the air, but hormones and chemicals. So it’s quite logical that once you reach the final stage of attachment you get the flood of oxytocin and vasopressin, two chemicals released during sex.
The good news is we have found scientific data to support love, cuddling, and intimacy that does’t just feel right but deepens the bond between both people.